How to make cities climate proof? This research programme aims at "strengthening the adaptive capacity and reducing the vulnerability of the urban system against climate change and to develop strategies and policy instruments for adapting our cities and buildings". To reach this aim, the Consortium addressed the following questions:
- How will climate change influence Dutch cities, and how and to which extent do cities affect the local climate themselves?
- How vulnerable are Dutch cities for climate change, and what will be the impacts?
- Which measures and strategies are available to improve the adaptive capacity of cities?
- How to implement these measures in urban areas?
- What will be the balance of urgency, costs and benefits?